Thursday, July 7, 2011

Pizza night!

I decided today that it was a baking day. I had the day off and started to make banana bread...my bananas were dead. Graveyard dead. (Funniest quote from an old tv show. It was like COPS but for ambulances. A mom calls another mom saying that the girlfriend killed her son dead, graveyard dead. Sad situation, but really, is there another level of dead I was not aware of??)

Anyway, after watching some Ugly Betty, LOVE THIS SHOW!, I decided brownies were a safe bet. And they were awesome! I love making them in a slightly smaller pan then suggested and have less thicker brownies. Why have more if they are wafer thin?!

For dinner I still wanted to cook but I didn't want to heat up the house too long so I made homemade pizza! It was amazing! I didn't wait the full hour for the dough to rise but it did great in the 30 minutes I gave it. We didn't have lots of toppings, ok any, so I did bbq chicken and pineapple. It was yummy! I've never cooked at such a high temp though and ended up burning the crust. I will try again though, it was so good and easy!

Well, I'm going to go read some more of my book, Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl. It's fantastic and sad!!!

Oh and cross your fingers and toes and eyes and whatever else, Ian happened upon a really great opportunity for me that would be life changing. I'll keep you posted if anything comes of it!

Recipe: (from cooks.com)


BASIC PIZZA DOUGH
Printed from COOKS.COM
3/4 cup warm water or flat beer (105-115°F)
4 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
2 to 2 1/4 cups bread flour

Combine the water, sugar, and yeast together, then then salt, oil, and flour (I only use 2 cups), and let it rise. Spread it on a baking sheet and top. Bake at 455ยบ for about 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and the dough is cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment