Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pineapple Rice and Pork Chops

Yeah, that stomach bug SUCKED! I lost six pounds though!

Sunday to Wednesday...ugh had barely any food! But things are getting back to normal; I'm eating so that means I'm cooking!!

Today for lunch I made broiled pork chops and pineapple rice! I found out that broiling is basically indoor grilling (you get the same cooking results) so that is our cooking method of choice lately!

The sauce we got at the store a few weeks ago and I wasn't too sure about it at the time but it sounded delicious today. It's from Kikoman (my favorite brand of sauce) and it's the garlic and green onion flavor. And call me superficial but I think the bottle makes it look fancy too. What can I say, advertising works on me!

Mmm, doesn't that just look delicious??
thank you kikoman website for the fancy picture


Pineapple rice is easy to do! I learned how to do it with mandarin oranges when I was a kid. I make my rice at a 2:1 ratio of water to rice. I use a can of pineapples (fresh pineapples are great but canned come with the juice, unless you want to buy that separate) and separate the juice. Just replace the water with the juice until you reach your ratio or run out of juice, then use water. I use a rice cooker, I don't know how to cook rice on the stove without destroying the rice and the pan. 

Like I said, I've done it with other juices like mandarin, and I really want to try different ones. A friend suggested coconut milk but I've had a bad experience with coconut rice. It was at a restaurant that was a semi-fast food place so it was not even made to order rice, but it was a little scarring. I bet lemon would be good, and a peppered steak or chicken breast. Mmmm. Or I wonder if I could do something like an apple rice for rice pudding?? Hmm, that would be good I think. Nice thing about rice? It's CHEAP! So if it doesn't come out well get rid of it. Or have your husband that tries anything eat it while you pout and have a bowl of cocoa krispies...um....yeah....that's happened a few times. 



And for dinner? Boxed mac and cheese. Yeah. It was delicious. Deal with it ;)

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I can't even tell you how many times I have made dinner, and ended up throwing it out. Problem with my hubby is I can tell when he doesn't like it...and watching him choke it down is worse than just chucking it. And totally laughed out loud when I read your comment about the air mattress. Good times!

    ReplyDelete