Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Another day, but now with a scary story!

Okay, maybe not scary, but certainly up there on the list of situations I never want to deal with!!

So after working this morning with the lovely kids, and then going to work at the daycare for a few hours and learning to deal with all that it is there...I went to the library to drop off some books the kids read last week. I had to wait till this really slow man got across the street before I turned the corner. He wasn't really stumbling, but it looked like he had to focus on putting one foot in front of the other (queue the movie "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" I think haha)

I put the books in the box and got into my car. I heard a little voice saying "Help me" but I wasn't sure where it came from. I turned and saw the guy sitting on the ground, in a parking spot along the side of the road. He kept staring at his shoes like he was confused by them. So I ask if he's okay and then a guy pulls up and jumps out to help him. I come around to the other side and saw SO MUCH BLOOD. Yuck. Now, less then a week ago I took CPR and first aid training so I knew what to do if I had to do anything, but yuck. I hate blood so much. So while the new guy is helping the guy to a seat on the bench I called for an ambulance for the guy. I figured with the staggering and the head wound I should get some professional help. The other guy left after he knew the ambulance was coming and I stayed close to the guy. I had an icky feeling about him though so I didn't get too close. I was close enough to do anything he needed, but I wasn't about to sit on the bench with him. So sue me :P

When the police officer came he FREAKED out on me. The cop hadn't even gotten out of his car but the guy started just yelling at me and said I was getting him in trouble. The cop got over there and told him to be quiet and after getting the story I was allowed to go. But I was so scared that he was yelling at me! I'm glad I wasn't close enough to him for him to smack me or anything. I think the worst in that kind of situation.


Hmm, well I think that is all. We're going to the temple tomorrow. Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment