Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Recipe: Cranberry Orange Chicken

So I made the most yummiest dinner last night. (I'm working on my humility haha!) Mom and I even said something about taking a picture, but I got distracted as I was reaching for the camera.

A warm, hearty, rustic meal that's easy enough to make at home but feels like you're eating out!!

5-7 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup orange juice
1 can whole cranberry sauce
2 TBS apple cider vinegar
1 small red onion, chopped
1/4-1/2 tsp ginger, chopped
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 TBS brown sugar
2 tsp garlic powder
****
3 TBS flour
2 TBS cold water
****

Combine all ingredients in a deep cast iron pot. Cover and cook on high until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium for 1 hour. Combine flour and water and mix into pot. Cook on low for 15 minutes uncovered.

Serve with roasted asparagus, mashed potatoes, rolls...

No comments:

Post a Comment