Friday, January 1, 2010

Busy busy!


So we decided to go up to Washington DC to see the lights at the temple. I'm really glad we went, I hope my dad knows that. I was being a little sarcastic about it when he told me, that is something I need to work on.


After a long nap...er...drive haha, we got up the the temple. The parents went into the temple and my brother and I went into the visitor's center. How do you entertain a 5 year old for 2+ hours in a building? Elevators. Christmas Trees. A camera. And a secret mission to McDonalds. (I'd tell you more about that, but I can't. SECRET mission rules)




There were lots of nativity scenes there he enjoyed looking at. He told me every time he saw a wise man that they were the ones bringing baby Jesus presents. I asked him what he would bring, fully expecting something like "A train" or "A Power Ranger". He put his hand on his chin, tapped his finger once or twice and said, "I'd bring him a candle. That way he'd be warm and he could see." Then he walked away and started talking about something else. I truly have an amazing brother. I'm lucky to have him in my life. 




He and I took a ton of pictures throughout the trip:










Okay, there were lots more, but I just don't feel like posting them :P

1 comment:

  1. I really need to make another trip up there. I was going to September, but it just didn't work out. You forget how beautiful and peaceful it is. I like the story about Aubrey and the wise men. I can totally see him tapping his chin while he was thinking! lol

    ReplyDelete