Friday, January 1, 2010

Moving



I moved to VIRGINIA!! It was a crazy, kinda spur of the moment, perfect solution to everything going on decision.


I wasn't being scheduled at Macy's, and I had not heard back from ISU. Both of those were frustrating, but I figured, 'Well, I still have my car.'


Never say that about a car almost as old as you are. Okay? I'll save you the trouble and just tell you not to do it.


I got in my car after sending a fax and my brakes felt weird. I thought it was just because of all the snow that had melted and they were wet. But it got harder and harder to stop. That's never good so I took it in to Les Schwab and they checked it out. There were problems with all 4 brakes. Things I don't understand, except when it came to the money. I understand $340 really well. I went home to mull things over and decided to make myself some lunch. Well, sitting in my room while my food cooked I heard a bang. I went to find this:




So that was Friday afternoon. Saturday morning I was starting to pack. We were lucky enough to find a really good price for a flight and I was coming home on Christmas Eve! Sunday I had a bunch of people over to get my stuff (if you ever need something or want to get rid of something, go to here because it's pretty much amazing!!) 


Yeah, it was a fast decision but sometimes I think those are the best. And I was so lucky to be able to be home for Christmas. And Christmas is always more magical with a kid. 




2 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you got to go home for christmas (since I know last year you were working....and maybe the year before that?) Good luck living in Virginia, sounds like a great adventure to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ainsley, I'm very excited for this new adventure! I hope you are doing well friend!

    ReplyDelete