Friday, January 2, 2009

Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do

I'm inexplicably happy right now! Okay, that's a lie, it's explainable. But It goes beyond the "obvious" things that are going on in my life.

I've had a wonderful 3 weeks staying at my friend's house. He and his wife have welcomed me with open arms into their home. I love getting a hot dinner when I get home from work, I love family scripture study before the kids go to bed, I love the kids, I love staying up late just that once to play video games. I love that they surprised me with a couple gifts on Christmas. I love that "Grandma" got me a bag of stuff too for Christmas. I've gone snowmobiling too. That was AWESOME!! I'm really quite blessed to be able to call this place home for a couple more days.

I met a really great guy. We've gone out a couple times already, have a date for Saturday, and we've talked every day except Monday (I called him, but left him a message) for at least 45 minutes. Well, this phone call was a little longer....8 hours and 21 minutes!! I know, right?! But it was amazing. I loved every second of it. This is why this blog is coming in so late.

Okay, so I have my date Saturday to see Derek's band in concert. I'm totally stoked for that. I also had it up to here with my old favorite jeans. They've just pushed my buttons too long, so I thought to myself, "Perhaps, since I've been doing so well saving lately, I will go get a new pair of jeans. And some camis because you can never get enough of those!"

I did that....and more. I did so good! Grand total at the bottom!!



It doesn't look it, but that's a rich darkish purple. SO soft!!


My AMAZING, DIDN'T EVEN TRY THEM ON AND THEY FIT ME GREAT jeans!


My 4 (typically $10 each) Camis, that I got for...$10 :)


The purple sweater outfit...


My gorgeous (typically $150 peacoat) that I got for....$40!!


Shoes! They match the purple sweater with the skirt PERFECTLY!!


This is a super cute black dress, but it is just a little too short, but since it has the tight bottom "cuff" I can pull it up and make it into a cute long top.


I couldn't get the lighting to work, but this is actually a teal skirt. So cute and soft! And it swirls when I spin!


Isn't this coat DARLING?!


Here's the black skirt outfit. Church on Sunday I think :)


I love this shirt, with the black skirt or these jeans. It's just so cute!


Here's my black shirt with jeans, my date outfit, I think with the heels because I only have brown shoes with me right now. Later I'll wear it with flats probably.

I got 2 more things I did not picture, so that's 14 items. I put a couple of the super remarkable prices in already. But wanna know the grand total?!


$114 and change!

Wooohooo!! Who is amazing? I AM!!

I'm sorry I haven't blogged lately. I will try harder. I promise!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! That's awesome! Good job!! Where did you get all that from? So super jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Down East's Warehouse sale, TJ MAXX, and Ross. Down East's sale is going on til tomorrow. You should go shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm impressed. I haven't been shopping for myself in quite some time now....you're getting me a little bit antsy! I SOOO need a new wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete