Sunday, September 9, 2012

New Hobbies

I still haven't checked Facebook! I've seen a few pictures, and looked up the name of a friend's boyfriend before I asked her how he was doing (I can never remember this guy's name!) but otherwise, I've done really well! And I think compared to how much time I did spend on it, I am making great progress haha!

To fill my time I've been playing Jetpack Joyride on my tablet. It's so much fun! Poor Ian though, I had been playing for a while and he tried it once and doubled my high score. So I don't let him play anymore! He seems okay with it.

I've also decided that I want to read comic books. I don't read very much, I get bored really easily. I figured we told the kids over the summer that comic books are still books, so why doesn't it apply to me? I read one today called Chew, and it's making me wonder about drifting off into the nonstandard (to me) books. I only read the first issue and honestly, it was weird. It's about a psychic cop--that gets his visions from the food he eats. And I am not a fan of blood and gore, so that was a little shocking. Oh well.

When I was a kid I took a comic drawing class at a local community college. It was the coolest thing ever. We learned flip books, Ben-Day dots, and how to properly use speech bubbles (write the words, THEN draw the circle haha!) It was a child's class, but I thought it was the greatest thing I've ever learned for fun.

I've also been cooking a lot and loving every minute. Ian starts school this week and we were going to have a little party, but he decided he'd prefer just hanging out with me--what can I say, I'm just that fun to be around! But I'm making him the dinner I made when we first dated. It's Cranberry Orange Chicken and it was actually the first thing I ever made for him! He's been doing store inventory all day though, so he has no idea! Lucky him!!




1 comment:

  1. Nate got me into reading comic books, are you still reading them? I have some suggestions for ones to look for if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete